The work of commercial building HVAC systems is actually very complex. They not only help you to manage the temperature of the inside area, but also can easily intake air from the outside area can manage energy, and, of course, can remove the contaminated air through a filter machine or exhaust system. Every HVAC system has some basic and common components, although there are many ways to use and optimize them.
What is the meaning of an HVAC System?
The full form of HVAC is Heating, Ventilating, and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) systems. These are important requirements of any building like residential or also commercial and industrial buildings.
This system can help in managing and maintaining the temperature, quality of the air, and humidity to provide a healthy and comfortable environment to both the residents and the machines in the buildings.
- Ventilation can be attained by maintaining the healthy air in the space and removing contaminated air from the area. It also helps in the internal air circulation and reducing extra moisture. This part of work can be done by the fans.
- Heating is achieved by heating the air of the building with the help of radiators or air systems.
- Air-Conditioning can reduce the temperature of the area and also helps in maintaining the required humidity levels by the use of using air-cooling systems.
Now we will know about how the HVAC System works in Large Buildings:
No matter how big the building is, the basic concept is the same, that is-
- The compressor can easily compress the refrigerant, increasing its pressure and temperature.
- Hot, outside air is being blown over the refrigerant vapor with the help of condenser, to turn it into liquid.
- The expansion valve can turn the refrigerant into a low-pressure liquid, thus making it cooler.
- Heat is transferred by the use of an evaporator to turn the cool liquid into a gas, which is warmer.
An actual HVAC system aims to provide an atmosphere in which the following factors are controlled within the desired range:
- Approximately 40 – 60 % of humidity.
- 75 degrees Fahrenheit in terms of temperature.
- CO2 less than 1000 PPM or ASHRAE 62.0 ventilation.
According to the Small Business Administration of the U.S, the HVAC systems work for nearly about 40% of energy usage in commercial buildings. Consequently, the target of any commercial building owner and also any government agency is to help and improve the HVAC system to reduce expenses, greenhouse gas emissions, and, of course, energy consumption.
Learn more about Commercial HVAC commissioning
The variety of the commercial building HVAC systems can be found into three types:
- Packaged: Packaged HVAC systems are mainly used in buildings that don’t have adequate space for placing all the separate components. Packaged HVAC systems are available together in one packaged unit. Packaged HVAC systems mainly have the things like:
- The Thermostat interface for the full control of the entire system.
- The air conditioner with the fan coil in one unit.
- Use of air quality improvers if needed. The parts like the air cleaners, UV lamps, or even ventilators, which works in making the air extra clean before it circulates through the building.
- Centralized: A centralized system is a single system that works in supporting the HVAC needs of the entire building.
The centralized system is generally situated in a single zone. These systems mainly use water as a cooling medium and ductwork for the distribution of pure air. The advantages of the centralized system are better to have greater load-management power. On the other hand, the major problem is these are very costly to install and are more difficult to manage and maintain.
- Individual: Individual systems provide energy by the use of various individual units in multiple locations of a building.
A commercial building HVAC system is actually expensive; hence, it is not replaced if it is not in good working order. However, if there is a good amount of energy loss and it is nearing the last days of its life, you can always consider replacing it.
An HVAC system is a very important way to live in a comfortable, healthy, and energy-efficient building. There are various types of HVAC systems on the basis of the size of a building. To get the best one, you can contact Airplex Mechanical: The best HVAC service in New York.